Partners in the Parks
Partners in the Parks is an outdoor experiential learning program coordinated by the National Collegiate Honors Council. PITP projects at national parks across the country offer unique opportunities for collegiate honors students and faculty to visit areas of the American landscape noted for their beauty, significance and lasting value. Our first project, at Bryce Canyon National Park, was organized in 2007 as a 2016 Centennial Initiative Program with Cedar Breaks National Monument as the sponsoring park unit. Since then we have sponsored 55 projects at 37 different parks for over 500 student participants. Seminars led by university faculty and park personnel will include historical, scientific, cultural, and other important areas unique to a given park. Projects will also take advantage of exciting recreational opportunities in the parks to broaden participant's understanding of the overall value of national parks to our country and its citizens.
Due to member support, NCHC offers scholarships for every PITP project sponsored by NCHC!
2018 Registrations Open December 1!
Important Registration Information:
If you are not the director of your program, or you do not hold a current NCHC Student Membership, you may not be in our new software system yet! You must sign up as a "Contact" prior to registering for any Partners in the Parks trip. Take care of that now, so you're ready to register on December 1st!
This will link you to your member institution in our database, so you can access member prices for Partners in the Parks registration. (If your institution is not a member of NCHC, please login as a guest.)
*Members receive a 50% discount on PITP Registration pricing!
Questions? Contact the NCHC office at
(402) 472-9150 or email@example.com
- Cedar Breaks National Monument: January 12-15
- Buffalo National River: May 13-19
- Harper's Ferry / Alumni Retreat: May 18-21
- Volcanoes National Park: May 21-27
- Exploring the High Plains: June 9-16
- NYC Gateways: June 16-23
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area: June 25-29
- Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail: July 8-15
- Highland Lake Cove, NC (Director/Faculty Retreat): July 15-20
- Olympic National Park: July 22-27
- Bryce Canyon National Park: July 29 - August 4
- Acadia National Park: August 1-7
- Glacier National Park: August 7-12