When you join the National Collegiate Honors Council, you become part of an international community of educational institutions, professionals, and students who are passionate about advancing honors education. NCHC is the oldest and largest organization made up of honors educators and students. Its members know that honors is as diverse as the campuses we serve, and that diversity gives you both a global perspective and a unified voice to support honors right where you are - in your classroom and on your campus. NCHC membership gives you connections and tools you won't find anywhere else!
Institutional Membership Benefits
Did you know that roughly 65% of all honors programs in the United States are members of the NCHC? With nearly 900 institutional members, the National Collegiate Honors Council is the leading professional association for those who provide college-level honors education. When your institution joins NCHC, you'll receive:
Connection to a National Honors Network
- Direct communications from the NCHC Office about honors-related opportunities and trends in national and international honors education
- Immediate access to the NCHC Publications Library, including scholarly journals and monographs containing the latest honors-related research
- Online access to members-only content and discussion forums that connect you to a worldwide network of honors professionals
- Research, toolkits, and other NCHC resources to support, build, and advocate for honors programming
- Access to discounted insurance rates from GEICO
- Opportunities to participate nationally on NCHC Committees or the NCHC Board of Directors
- Voting rights in NCHC Elections
- Access to an honors-focused job board to search for and post job opportunities
- **COMING IN 2019** Digital content library with templates, guides, and resources to implement in your honors program
- **NEW IN 2020** Online mentoring program between new and experienced honors professionals
Robust Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounted access to workshops on teaching/learning issues, assessment,evaluation, and other topics run by experienced honors professionals
- The support of a carefully designed program review process that can help enhance your honors program or college
- Opportunities to establish mentor relationships with national and international leaders in honors education
Extensive Year Round Opportunities for Students
- Sharing work at the national conference, networking with other honors students, and specialized training in fellowships
- Participation in signature experiential learning programming like Partners in the Parks and Honors Semesters experiences
- Competition for national awards that recognize student achievement
- Service as a member of the NCHC Board
Honors Visibility on the National Stage
- Opportunities to publish honors research in peer-reviewed journals or present research at national conferences and workshops
- Ability to submit your honors accomplishments for recognition & celebration on a national and international stage
- Advocacy for your program and its resources through national survey data and individual NCHC Program Review and consultation opportunities
- Use of the NCHC Member logo on your honors website
Funding Support for Honors Research & Initiatives
- Scholarship and fellowship opportunities for students participating in NCHC member programs like Partners in the Parks, Honors Semesters, and annual conferences
- Faculty Awards and Recognitions for distinguished service to honors education
- Grant support for programs engaging in NCHC Program Reviews or other innovative honors activities
If your institution is a member, why would you need to add an individual Professional membership?
That's easy. An NCHC Professional Membership affords you all the benefits under your institutional membership, with additional perks and resources for your personal investment!
- Direct Connection to NCHC: Professional members receive email communication about NCHC news and events direct to their inbox. No waiting for forwarded information! You’ll receive your own digital access or physical copy of NCHC Publications, and access to the Members-Only segment of our website. You’ll also receive voting rights in NCHC Elections. Excellent for faculty, associate directors, and other decision makers in your program that would benefit from NCHC's resources.
- **NEW IN 2020** Four exclusive webinar trainings per year, exclusively for professional members
- **NEW IN 2020** Early access/presales to registration for online and in-person training events/conferences
Non-Institutional Professional memberships provide the same benefits as an Institutional Membership, with a key difference: where Institutional memberships extend to cover all individuals at a college or university, Non-Institutional Professional benefits apply only to the membership contact. Event discounts and communications are limited to a single person, and student events and grants are not accessible.
Affiliate membership is open to professional educators and staff retired from their educational positions and to former honors alumni no longer affiliated with a college or university honors program or honors college. Please contact the NCHC Office at email@example.com or 402-472-9150 for further details.
Honors students at NCHC member institutions can access a variety of special membership benefits from NCHC that will help to get the most out of a collegiate honors experience! Beginning in 2020, there is no fee for NCHC Student Members - but they must sign up and renew their membership annually to stay active on NCHC's contact lists.
- National Recognition: NCHC student members are eligible to apply multiple competitive honors scholarships, incluing the prestigious NCHC Student of the Year Award, given at the Annual Conference!
- Graduation Regalia: If you are graduating from honors this year, NCHC Seniors can purchase a Green & Gold NCHC graduation cord for $10. Just have your honors director send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you are graduating in good standing, and the NCHC Office will ship you a keepsake cord.
- Notification of Events & Scholarships: Student members receive direct communications from the NCHC office about student events, conference information, scholarships, awards, and more.
- NCHC Involvement: As a Student Member, you can run for a student position on the NCHC Board of Directors. You can also connect to honors students around the globe on the NCHC social media pages, to ask questions and discuss issues!
Organizational Associate membership is open to public or private associations or organizations that are supportive of honors education and of the mission of the NCHC, that are ineligible to become an institutional member. Organizational Associate membership is subject to approval by the NCHC Board of Directors.