53rd NCHC Annual Conference | November 7-11, 2018 | Boston, MA
- Saturday Plenary: "A Conversation with bell hooks" A rare chance to interact with the legendary intellectual, feminist theorist, cultural critic, artist, and writer. Followed by book signing.
- Friday Night StorySLAM: an interactive storytelling competition modeled after The Moth Radio Hour and emceed by award-winning author Andre Dubus III.
- Teaching and Learning Workshop: an intensive post-conference seminar for honors faculty with acclaimed pedagogy expert James Lang.
- Professional Staff in Honors (PSIH): professional development training and networking for honors administrative staff in areas like career advancement, advising, and mental health.
- Community Impact Exercise: an interactive, problem-based learning experience for students who will work with local Boston partners to address challenges around education or sustainability.
- CAT: Boston Master Class: An opportunity for faculty with prior City as Text™ experience (through a CAT Institute) to engage in an intensive exploration of Boston prior to the 2018 Annual Conference. (November 4-8, details here)