53rd NCHC Annual Conference | November 7-11, 2018 | Boston, MA
Tips for Proposal Submission:
- If you submitted a proposal for the 2017 conference, your email address & password should already be in the proposal system. If not, you will need to create a login.
- Your 2018 Membership must be current for your proposal to be considered.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent in early April. Conference registration opens April 2nd, through the NCHC Member Portal software (not the proposal submission system).
- Saturday Plenary: "A Conversation with bell hooks" A rare chance to interact with the legendary intellectual, feminist theorist, cultural critic, artist, and writer. Followed by book signing.
- Friday Night StorySLAM: an interactive storytelling competition modeled after The Moth Radio Hour and emceed by award-winning author Andre Dubus III.
- Teaching and Learning Workshop: an intensive post-conference seminar for honors faculty with acclaimed pedagogy expert James Lang.
- Professional Staff in Honors (PSIH): professional development training and networking for honors administrative staff in areas like career advancement, advising, and mental health.
- Community Impact Exercise: an interactive, problem-based learning experience for students who will work with local Boston partners to address challenges around education or sustainability.