Partners in the Parks
Partners in the Parks is an outdoor experiential learning program coordinated by the National Collegiate Honors Council. PITP projects at national parks across the country offer unique opportunities for collegiate honors students and faculty to visit areas of the American landscape noted for their beauty, significance and lasting value. Our first project, at Bryce Canyon National Park, was organized in 2007 as a 2016 Centennial Initiative Program with Cedar Breaks National Monument as the sponsoring park unit. Since then we have sponsored 55 projects at 37 different parks for over 500 student participants. Seminars led by university faculty and park personnel will include historical, scientific, cultural, and other important areas unique to a given park. Projects will also take advantage of exciting recreational opportunities in the parks to broaden participant's understanding of the overall value of national parks to our country and its citizens.
Due to member support, NCHC offers scholarships for every PITP project sponsored by NCHC!
Important Registration Information:
If you are not the director of your program, or you do not hold a current NCHC Student Membership, you may not be in our new software system yet! You must sign up as a "Contact" prior to registering for any Partners in the Parks trip. Take care of that now, so you're ready to register on December 1st!
This will link you to your member institution in our database, so you can access member prices for Partners in the Parks registration. (If your institution is not a member of NCHC, please login as a guest.)
*Members receive a 50% discount on PITP Registration pricing!
Questions? Contact the NCHC office at
(402) 472-9150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Big Bend National Park: December 27, 2018 - January 2, 2019
- Cedar Breaks National Park: January 18-21, 2019
OPENING DECEMBER 1st...
- Buffalo National River, May 12-19
- Zion National Park, May 15-20
- Appalachian Trail National Park, May 25 - June 1
- Juan Castro Blanco National Park (Costa Rica), June 8-16
- Bryce Canyon National Park, June 9-15
- Exploring the High Plains, July 13-21
- Harpers Ferry National Park (Directors/Faculty Retreat), July 14-19
- Golden Gate National Park, June 23-28
- Crater Lake National Park, August 4-10
- Sequoia National Park, August 2019 (TBD)